Friday, March 8, 2013

Itchy

The itch has begun.

This time of year, when everything from the ice on the creek to the temperatures on the thermometer began thawing, I get itchy to paddle up the creek in the kayak. And that's what I did yesterday.

The paddle was not a photography expedition (which my paddles often are) but just about getting out in the fresh air and believing spring is on her way. I did, of course, bring the camera (Well, what would you expect? What if a wood duck had nestled up the creek or the otters were fishing on the lake and I didn't have my camera?) and although there was no animal wildlife moving around the area, the ice on the creek entertained.

This is not  my typical nature photography photograph. My concentration is often wildlife or landscape, but these marco shots of the ice formations on the creek provided some wonderful snapshots. I especially love the color tones.

Jack Frost's days are numbered and I am not sad about that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment