Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tomorrow is Another Day

Landscape photography is not my forte. Here in the northwoods of Wisconsin, my nature photography is focused on wildlife, so when my husband and I planned a trip to Yellowstone National Park for the fall of 2012 I thought it best to become more acquainted with my landscape photography skills.
 
Polarizing filters, ND filters, a shutter release cable, a wimpy tripod, and my wide angle lens accompanied me on my "get to know landscape photography" lessons. I would wander the shoreline looking for different landscapes and angles to photograph. The evenings were quiet. The weather was warm. The sunsets spectacular.
 
The photograph below is one of the snapshots I took on my landscape photography expeditions. I LOVE the original image, but adding a few texture overlays and a reflective quote gives the photo a completely different feel.
 
"A setting sun still whispers a promise for tomorrow." ~Jeb Dickerson.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment